Small Changes You Can Make to Improve Your Heart Health
While some of these may seem like common sense we all know that common sense isn’t all that common these days. Choosing wisely in lifestyle choices, activities, and meal planning can make a world of difference when it comes to the health of your heart.
Let’s take a look at a few ideas that can get you going in the right direction:
- Incorporate fish into your diet at least twice a week.
- If you are hungry eat fruit for a snack
- Drop the margarine and use either coconut oil, grass-fed butter, or olive oil
- Put away the salt shaker – stop adding extra salt to food
- Choose oatmeal for breakfast
- If you smoke? Quit
- Move as much as possible. Take breaks, stand, stretch, get up and move around.
- Take the stairs
- Add more exercise to your week (minimum of 60 minutes)
- Skip dessert
- Try meditation
- Try a yoga class
- Get a checkup including your blood work
- Floss your teeth and get regular dental exams
- Get enough sleep
- Eat healthy fats
- Avoid second-hand smoke
- Don’t Vape – The public has come under the impression that it is less damaging than smoking when this isn’t the full picture. Do your research before deciding to commit to this habit as a replacement.
Make sure your heart is healthy. If your health isn’t exactly where you would like it to be, make the changes necessary to get there.
Are you in the Tampa, Florida area? If so we would love to do a consultation with you as a new client/patient. Let us take a look at your heart health and see where you stand. www.tampacardio.com 813-975-2800. We are a fully staffed cardiovascular and venous clinic and can help with any vein or heart condition.